Autism is defined as a behavioral diagnosis characterized by the absence of typical behaviors, such as social skills and the presence of atypical behaviors.
• 1:88 children; 1:52 boys (CDC, 2010)
• Boys 4 times more affected than girls
• 60% of monozygotic twins were concordant for autism (Bailey A, et. al., 1995)
• Sibling recurrence risk of almost 1:5 (18.7%) (Ozonoff S, et. al., 2011)
To improve developmental Autism Spectrum Disorder in pediatric practices to enable appropriate referrals when a child screens a concerning for possible ASD and develop office-based strategies and environment to ensure successful office visits for families with a child with an ASD.
Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers (M-CHAT)- 23 age- appropriate developmental questionnaire.
• Developmental Disabilities
• Peer to Peer Services
• Early Intervention/ Early Childhood Special Education
• Private treatment resources
To view supplemental resource packet click here.
To view annotated directory resource packet click here.