OPS Advocacy Team
Whether you’re a seasoned legislative advocate or inspired to learn more, we invite OPS members to join our advocacy efforts at any level of involvement.
As an OPS Advocate, you’ll work alongside colleagues, OPS staff, and the OPS lobbyist to champion the child health & justice causes that matter most to you. From attending our monthly (Zoom) Advocacy Group meetings, joining the annual OPS Lobby Day, contacting your elected representatives, and publishing your opinions, OPS members influence health policy and legislation in Oregon. To learn more, contact Joanna Peterson, OPS Communications Manager.
SAVE THE DATE: OPS Virtual Lobby Day is Wednesday, Feb 9, 2022.
Join the Immunity Community
Clinicians and families working together to advocate for responsible vaccination policies & public health education
The Immunity Community’s mission is to protect all ages from vaccine-preventable infectious diseases, safeguard immune-compromised individuals, and keep vulnerable kids safe at school. The pro-vaccine parent voice is crucial in this conversation. As an Immunity Community member, you’ll sharpen your advocacy skills and collaborate with other Oregon families and child health providers. Activities include:
- Attending virtual Immunity Community education & advocacy training meetings
- Outreach and communications to other families
- Contacting your elected state legislators through private emails or calls
- Writing opinion articles for your local newspaper
- Joining pediatricians and parents to testify about your family’s safety