On June 9, 2016, the Oregon Pediatric Society held a dinner seminar, hosting presenter Dr. Kenneth Carlson, MD, FAAP. Dr. Carlson's presentation was titled, "Practice Management 101" and offered 1 CME in Joint Providership by the Oregon Medical Association.
The objectives covered were:
- Increase knowledge on how to monitor performance of medical practice
- Review different types of data and reports
- Discuss contracting strategies
- Learn how to set a fee schedule
- Discuss strategies to improve appointment access
After all of our dinner seminars we leave time for a Q&A session. After this particular presentation there was an insightful discussion with OPS members regarding the various ways their local independent clinics have progressed tracking methods over the years of being in practice.