The Oregon Pediatric Society is the state chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics. We exist to advocate for improved health for children in Oregon and support the pediatricians who care for them. We carry out our mission through policy advocacy, communication, programs that support practice change and educating providers who serve children.
The Mission of the Oregon Pediatric Society is…
- To promote the optimal health and development of children and youth in partnership with their families and communities, and
- To support the pediatricians who care for them
Our Vision is that...
- All children grow as healthy and productive members of their communities
- Pediatricians set the standard for child health care, and are fulfilled throughout their careers
- Children are our greatest asset, now and in the future
- Children thrive in healthy and safe families and communities
- Children should have access to quality comprehensive and integrated health care
- Children achieve optimal health and development through collaboration between health care providers, families, and communities
- Pediatricians provide essential leadership in promoting excellence in health care delivery and policy forall children and adolescents
- Pediatricians are committed to lifelong learning and quality improvement
The Oregon Pediatric Society welcomes partnerships with all who share these values.