BE AN ADVOCATE
- Join an advocacy interest group to champion your child health and equity causes
- Participate in OPS Lobby Day at the Capitol
- Influence health policy, payment reform, and legislation through testimony, media, and your elected representatives
- Receive alerts on state and AAP advocacy activities
DEMONSTRATE YOUR LEADERSHIP
- Participate in chapter activities and committees that support your areas of interest
- Promote the Oregon child health community in district and national arenas
- Engage in AAP leadership positions and apply for CATCH grants
NETWORK AND CONNECT
- Get chapter, CME, and resource updates through social media, the OPS website, and member e-newsletters
- Network with other child health providers at regional events
- Represent OPS on state advisory boards
- Team up with other organizations to improve child health
RECEIVE PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
- Attend the annual CME conference at a discounted rate
- Stay current on best practices through live webinars and on-demand videos
- Join QI and MOC-IV project cohorts led by OPS
- Receive clinical training on behavioral health, child development, pediatric screening tools, referral resources, and reimbursement curriculum
OPS Membership Categories
A Fellow or Specialty Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Voting rights.
MD or DO physicians who limit practice to specialty in pediatrics and are not AAP Fellows. Voting rights.
May include: Naturopathic Doctors, Physician Assistants, Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Pediatric Dentists, Child Psychologists, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists, Child Advocates, and other Community Leaders. No voting rights.
Resident or Fellow enrolled in an ACGME-accredited pediatric or surgical training program. Voting rights if board certified.
Any physician enrolled in PL-1, PL-2 or PL-3 of a pediatric residency training program. No voting rights.
Physicians age 65 years of age or older AND not in active practice. Voting rights if meets qualifications of Fellow or General membership.
May include: medical students, nurse practitioner students, physician assistant students, etc. No voting rights.
We're Stronger Together
Joining the Oregon chapter is a separate process from national AAP membership. It’s easy to become a new OPS member or to renew online. For more information, please contact Membership Manager Cheryl Matushak (email@example.com).
Donations of any amount are sincerely appreciated and support our child-health advocacy work.