- Increase your knowledge of advocacy for children at a local and state level and influence the quality of pediatric practice and child welfare.
- Collaborate and partner with other organizations to improve children’s health and well-being.
- Promote the interests of Oregon pediatricians in the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Join other state, district, and national pediatric chapters to improve child health and well-being.
- Participate in state chapter committees in your areas of interest, including Quality Improvement, Advocacy, Disaster Preparedness, and Pediatric Council.
- Receive updates about child health, advocacy, and issues important to practicing pediatricians.
- Participate in quality improvement projects to earn Maintenance of Certification Part 4 credit, which is at no cost for members.
- Attend continuing medical education events, including Oregon Pediatric Society’s Annual CME Conference.
- Connect with like-minded pediatricians to support quality health care, advocacy, and improvement in community child health.
- Learn about opportunities for career enhancement.
OPS Membership Categories
A Fellow or Specialty Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Voting rights.
MD or DO physicians who limit practice to specialty in pediatrics and are not AAP Fellows. Voting rights.
May include: Naturopathic Doctors, Physician Assistants, Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Pediatric Dentists, Child Psychologists, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists, Child Advocates, and other Community Leaders. No voting rights.
Resident or Fellow enrolled in an ACGME-accredited pediatric or surgical training program. Voting rights if board certified.
Any physician enrolled in PL-1, PL-2 or PL-3 of a pediatric residency training program. No voting rights.
Physicians age 65 years of age or older AND not in active practice. Voting rights if meets qualifications of Fellow or General membership.
May include: medical students, nurse practitioner students, physician assistant students, etc. No voting rights.
We're Stronger Together
Joining the Oregon chapter is a separate process from national AAP membership. It’s easy to become a new OPS member or to renew online. For more information, please contact Membership Manager Cheryl Matushak ([email protected]).
Donations of any amount are sincerely appreciated and support our child-health advocacy work.